Friday, February 18, 2011

Returning to the Motherland

This weekend I get to make a surprise trip back to the roots of my beer-ginings; Boone, NC.  This town shaped who I am today, both professionally and as an avid beer enthusiast.  Many nights were wasted, or spent wasted, in this valley town and I get to go back this weekend for the first time in many months.  *Stoked*

While in Boone, I am going to pick up a couple six packs of the Boone Brewing Company's Blowing Rock Ale.  I was initially turned on to this by my college job boss Charlie Watson (cool kid.  find him on Facebook).  This beer comes straight from the mountains so look for a review in the coming week.  Also...shout out to my friend Shelby Price Lear for turning me onto Highland Gaelic.  Going to be talking about their product in the near future so look out for that.  Also, in the mean time check out her blog, Shear Lear.  For sure not a disappointment.

Boone has some great qualities for Beer Drinkers.  1- College town = bars a plenty.  2-Craft Brewery in town to check out.  3- Peabody's.

Peabody's is a beer and wine store in Boone that has been open forever.  So you are thinking, "Randy.  My town has a beer store too.  Does that make my town awesome?"  Only if your beer store DELIVERS!!!!!  That's right compadres.  When the well runs dry, Peabody's will bring you the beer of your choice in any vessel that you may want.  Need a sixer?  Check.  Need a case?  Right-o.  Need a KEG?  Done and Done.  "Peabody's delivery service.  Contributing to great beer drinking since the beginning of time."

One great thing about going to Boone is I am going to be off the grid for a couple days so no post this weekend.  Be on the look out for Wednesday's post.  In the mean time comment and tell me The last beer you drank and how was it.  Tell your friends about the blog.  The more we have enjoying the amazing nectar of life and sharing about it, the more I will be able to do for you.  Also vote to say what type of beer you would like to see reviewed or comment on this post.  For now....Drink On, Beer Drinker.  Drink On!!!

4 comments:

  1. Mine was a Newcastle Brown Ale and it was solid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last beer I had was a "home-made" brew that a couple of my friends made. It took them about four weeks to make it, and they added some vanilla to it. It was probably the best beer I've ever tasted. Even though I eventually had to continue drinking with Red Stripe...cause I mean...it was a part. Just wondering if you can a) possibly make a home brew for the blog or b) have ever tasted a good home brew before that you would recommend making.

    sincerely,
    your little wanna-be ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My last beer was my own brew. It was a blond ale, which was made with some extra sugars to give you that little pep in your step! I like the pace of the blog and I think you should continue to taste and review the beers that are out there. If you do get the opportunity though, I had a hazelnut stout recently and would like to hear what others had to say about it.

    Your friend,
    Tater

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busch Light... bleh.

    And little wanna-be, I was totally right there with you!

    ReplyDelete